Sunday, November 4, 2012

3 things I wish I know when I was younger

Here are 3 things I would tell my "high-school" self if I could go back in time:


  • Be judgmental on ideas - Grades are important! are they? it is important to listen to the news! is it? all the Arabs want to destroy Israel! do they? research show X! how do they know? who said so? be judgmental, keep in mind you are probably live in a very homogenous environment. look on the web for new ideas. (e.g Ted.com)
  • Don’t be judgmental on people - It can be anything from judging a group of people you don't even met, to judging your teacher, family, friends or class mates. for some reason while we accept ideas without questioning we don't accept people easily. the probelms with that:
    • The person or you get hurt by your judgment.
    • You block yourself to new ideas.(as mention above).
  • Good people want to guide you. - Probably many of them are you teachers. Personally I'm always happy to give any guidance, it can be anything from recommending books and ways to learn stuff such as programming and any science field, math, technology, psychology I promise to replay, and I promise to give my best answer or to ask my friends who will have the best answer. contact me on abgutman1@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment